Heavy Duty Mechanic
Our client is looking for an experienced Mechanic to join their team! They maintain a large fleet of medium to heavy duty trucks and off-road construction equipment at their Detroit construction yard. The Mechanic will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs to company diesel and gas powered vehicles and equipment. This position is “in-house,” requires 50 hours per week (overtime after 40 hours). Compensation includes healthcare and retirement benefits, as well as annual tool and boot allowances.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for preventative maintenance tasks on company equipment, vehicles, trucks, and trailers.
- Preventative maintenance including tires, wheels, brakes, air systems, starting systems, electric systems, and suspensions.
- Test, diagnose, and repair problems with vehicles and equipment.
- Disassemble units, reassemble units, and replace nonfunctioning parts.
- Maintain records of serviced vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- At least 18 years of age.
- At least 2 years of previous mechanical experience.
- Experience with air brakes, hydraulic systems, and electric systems.
- Experience with diesel and off-road construction equipment.
- Valid chauffer’s license required.
- CDL license preferred. CDL training reimbursement available to qualified candidates.
- Ability to pass drug-screening and MVR check.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
Req ID JN -082023-120388