Vehicle Integration Engineer
- The HMI and Ergonomics Best Practice Engineer is responsible for setting cross vehicle requirements for optimizing intuitiveness, ergonomics, accessibility, and ease of use for all customer interfaces in the vehicle.
- Responsibilities include: making ergonomic and cognitive design recommendations, virtual validation of vehicle models using human model simulations, validation of design through user interface testing, creation and maintenance of HMI best practices, development of standard operating procedures to capture best practices and identifying and resolving issues amongst various Engineering and Design office teams.
- Degree in any of the following: Engineering, Ergonomics, Human Factors, Physiology, Biomechanics, Human Kinetics, Psychology, Cognitive systems or closely related field
- For Candidates with Bachelor's Degrees: Two or more years experience in any of the following areas: Ergonomics, Human Factors, Vehicle Integration/Systems Engineering, Perceived Quality, Consumer Insights, Technical Writing (writing best practice/requirements documents is a big part of the job)
- For Entry Level Candidates: Must have obtained Master's degree and have educational projects and/or research related to Human Factors.
- Experience with multiple vehicle areas is highly preferred
- Will consider Sr. Level/Second Career candidates
- Good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines amongst changing vehicle designs.
- Detail oriented, team player, flexible, ability to prioritize, and a quick learner
- Valid Driver’s License required
- International Travel up to 2 times per year is required
Preferred Requirements: (not required):
- Master of Science degree in one of the following fields: Engineering, Ergonomics, Human Factors, Physiology, Biomechanics, Human Kinetics, Psychology, or Cognitive Systems Human modeling tool experience and/or familiarity...