Vehicle Dynamics Performance Quality Engineer
- Primary responsibility is to perform ride, handling, and steering development of company vehicles.
- Working with a lead engineer, tires, steering, and suspension components will be specified to meet program performance targets, using a combination of simulation, objective testing, and subjective methods.
- Subjective evaluation of ride, steering, and handling performance, as well as objective measurement of certain attributes will be required.
- Responsibilities include coordination of prototype vehicles, parts, and union mechanic activities, execution and documentation of development activities, and presentation of results.
- Handling testing can be physically demanding.
- ***Significant amount of travel is required during winter months.
- The Development Engineer is primarily responsible for vehicle level testing of vehicle dynamics performance quality metrics.
- The selected candidate will manage customer level functional requirements for wheel/tire induced vibration, brake judder, alignment drift pull and torque steer.
- Identify issues through subjective vehicle level evaluations and data assessments.
- Plan, conduct, and complete appropriate testing.
- Perform data processing. analysis, root cause and recommend vehicle level solutions based on test results.
- The Development Engineer will interact with vehicle dynamics/chassis release engineers to set targets, develop counter measures and test proposals.
- The selected candidate will work closely with simulation group to drive proactive solutions.
- They will also be responsible for reporting results and giving presentations to management.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university, or related degree with equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of experience in automotive engineering product development.
- Experience should include testing, advanced...