Valve Train (Engine) Test Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluate performance and durability of Valve Train components and systems
- Support competitive analysis, performance testing and benchmarking
- Assist warranty and End of Test analyses as required
- Assist with the development of test set-ups/schedules based on Technology Roadmap requirements.
- Set-up, instrument, and operate test fixtures and test stands
- Perform tests and collect data
- Document test procedures, analyze data and write test reports
- Troubleshoot test equipment and instrumentation
- Assist in design and development of test fixtures and instrumentation
Participate in product development team activities as required
- Associate’s Degree +2 years of experience minimum. Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred and will be reviewed first
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Experience with engine assembly, disassembly and related tools
- Ability to do programming
- Excellent workplace organizational skills with data, hardware and tools.
- Excellent Time management skills and self-starter.
- Working knowledge of automotive engine fundamentals
- Familiarity with data acquisition and post-processing, instrumentation and sensors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Work independently while managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Able to interpret engineering drawings, procedures and technical specifications
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others; Salary, UAW, Customers, Vendors, etc.
- Relatively high level of analytical ability reading Charts and Graphs
- Knowledge of valve train and sub-system trends, product designs, testing methods
- 1+ years of Valve Train and testing experience
- BS Engineering Degree. Mechanical or Electrical
- Knowledge of Machines and Equipment
- High Level Math Skills
- Competency using and programming Labview
Req ID JN -042021-115717