Transmission Controls Engineer – Intermediate
- Design and develop automatic transmission control algorithms in the MATLAB Simulink/Stateflow environment.
- Test and develop automatic transmission software features in the MIL, SIL, and vehicle environments.
- Perform data acquisition and analysis in the ETAS INCA/MDA environments.
- Perform root cause analysis and issue management for transmission control software.
- Capture transmission, powertrain and vehicle functional objectives and develop corresponding transmission control functional requirements.
- Participate in team/organizational system requirement documentation generation.
- Work with engine and vehicle teams to verify system specification content aligns with downstream users’ requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Computer Engineering, Applied Physics, or other related Engineering degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in automotive powertrain (engine, transmission, driveline) controls development.
- Experience in MATLAB Simulink/Stateflow modeling.
- Experience in reviewing and communicating technical information.
- Experience working with cross functional teams (e.g. transmission calibration, program management, supplier partners).
- Able to work in team environment, and be self-motivated to make plans and take action with minimal direction.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with communication protocols (CAN, LIN) and associated development tools.
- Ability to read electrical/electronic schematics.
- Algorithm development experience.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Computer Engineering, Applied Physics, or other related Engineering degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automotive powertrain (engine, transmission, driveline) controls development.
- Experience with ETAS calibration development toolchain (INCA, MDA).
- Experience with IBM Rational DOORS or similar requirements management application.
- Experience with IBM Rational Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for software content, issue, and release management.
- Experience with...