· Provides customer specific training to dealership technicians in the following areas: Late model electronics, powertrain, OEM scan tools, engine, passive restraint system, auto/manual transmission, pre-delivery inspection, steering/suspension, basic electrical, engine performance, basic fuel injection, AC, antilock brakes and other areas as expertise grows.
· Manage training schedule.
· Deliver instructor-led technical training courses to Dealer and Fleet Technicians, corporate personnel at Technical Training Centers and mobile locations.
· Prepare for and maintain the highest-level of technical proficiency in all Skill Areas.
· Manage individual course registration and roster processing.
· Maintain the operational integrity of training vehicles for classroom activities.
· Utilize all available resources to maintain the highest level of technical proficiency.
· Assist with the organization and functionality of special tools, hand tools, classrooms for usage, course hardware and components.
· Diagnosis equipment and software updates.
· Monitor and maintain seat fill.
· Provide feedback to Training Development Team.
· Support Course Development Team if/when required.
· Coordinate new model launch training together with Business Center needs.
· Analyze data and communicate with BC and dealers on the specific training required for each dealer to complete "Dealer Standards".
· Monitor progress towards Dealer Standards and coordinate course offerings with dealer needs.
· Follow-up with dealers to ensure attendance at necessary courses.
· Council with new Service Managers to help them understand and utilize technical training for the benefit of the dealership.
· Conduct (as needed) Curriculum Planning Meeting with all Service Managers.
-Bachelor's Degree preferred or...