- Coach Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work
- Monitor andon occurrences. Be the first responder as secondary support
- Through Process Confirmation, verify that the line is running safely, smoothly, and producing quality parts
- Support Continuous Improvement and coach problem resolution to the lowest level
- Communication and recognition
- Build Team Leader and Team Member capability
- Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks
- Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents
- Responsible for the daily material handling functions for the facility and for the department
- Ensure proper material flow from receiving dock, to warehouse storage location, to the production line feed location, to the delivery of finished product to customers
- Provide direction and support in the allocation of resources in order to appropriately cover material handling responsibilities
- Support Production System and synchronous material flow through lean manufacturing practices
- Lead and manage unionized hourly personnel
- Ensure flawless introduction of new parts to production through proactive planning and cross-functional communication.
- Effectively implement the Engineering Change Process.
- Identify data gaps in CMMS (missed production counts, etc.) and take corrective actions.
- Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
- Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Capable of assigning work to unionized hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms of safety,...