- Studio Coordination, integration and synthesis of engineering information in the product design office studios.
- Lead engineering feasibility activities for vehicle exterior class 'A' surface.
- Support development of program related clay models and electronic surface.
- Develop packaging hard-points and verify CAD surface and clay model compliance.
- Verify design and packaging feasibility by coordinating construction of spaciousness properties, mock ups and verification models.
- The Design Studio Engineer acts in a pivotal role, bringing design and engineering together.
- In the pursuit of turning concepts into production designs, the individual must work with an extended team, discovering and resolving issues, and implementing effective solutions.
- The individual will utilize benchmarking and knowledge of full vehicle layout, legislative requirements, and sound design practices.
- Will organize and chair working level meetings to drive feasibility and be responsible for communicating design requirements to product design, modeling and CAD modeling staffs.
- This is an opportunity to participate in the creative development of new products, influencing the future of company brands.
- Bachelor’s degree with Automotive or Engineering focus preferred, but not required
- Five years of experience with emphasis on design and packaging of vehicle systems and components
- Two years of experience with NX and Team-center
- Strong vehicle knowledge
- Goal Oriented
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- High level of understanding NX
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent from an ABET or equivalent program
- Experience with interior vehicle systems and components
- 3D model development required...