Sr. Material Manager
About the Role
How you will contribute
- Oversee and manage the daily activities of the materials and MP&L function to maximize scheduling and delivery of commodities to the customer.
- Interface with customer to ensure smooth -coordination of scheduling and maximization of schedule adherence; provides input on local conditions, identifies needs and receives direction on real-time staffing increases or decreases.
- Ensure materials supervisors, Shipping/Receiving Analysts and MP&L coordinators manage schedule adherence notifying and escalating within the facility as warranted.
- Enact contingency plans as needed; escalates and directs activities during systems problems, disasters, etc.; identifies potential problems, troubleshoots, escalates issues to the operations manager, and participates in post-mortem analysis of problems providing input for future process improvements.
- Review ongoing performance results to targets and takes corrective measures with authorization, escalate as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field.
- Experience performing professional level operational and plant management duties; preferably in automotive or logistics industry.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures used in material planning and logistics operations and practices.
- Strong SAP knowledge
- Experience working in a warehouse environment overseeing a department of approximately 250 employees.
Function Clerical / Administrative
Req ID JN -092019-112440