Software Controls Engineer
Controls Engineer will play a critical role in the deployment of the Next Generation Automated Vehicle Scheduling (NGAVS) system in for vehicle assembly plants.
- As a NGAVS In-Plant Implementation (IPI) Controls Engineer, he/she will be responsible for integration of NGAVS with Vehicle Operations tooling and process control systems.
- Candidate will work with vendor controls engineers to install, test, and debug standard NGAVS logic and drivers.
- Although most NGAVS PLC code modules are complete and standardized, the candidate may need to create custom code for plant unique situations or modify standard templates and AOI's to address issues identified by the third party integrator.
- This would include maintenance of PLC Code for Allen-Bradley ControlLogix using Rockwell RS5000 software.
- Individual will also will be responsible for creation and maintenance of HMI code (Allen-Bradley PanelViews).
- Assignments may be at any of the client's Vehicle Assembly Plants in North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico)
THIS POSITION IS A W-2 OPPORTUNITY
(C2C or 1099 resources will not be considered)
- Must have significant experience as a Controls Engineer in an automotive assembly plant manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience programming Allen-Bradley (Rockwell) PLC5's and ControlLogix.
- Significant experience programming Allen-Bradley PanelView HMI's.
- Experience with Industrial Ethernet communications.
- Experience writing documentation and training material.
- Experience delivering training to a range of target audiences.
- Experience preparing wiring diagrams and other drawings in AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully proficient in English.
- Knowledge of SmartEye...