Senior Data Engineer
· Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
· Coding skills for analytics and data engineering/manipulation (Scala, Java and Python)
· Strong communication and data presentation skills
· An BS/MS in CS or any other relevant fields of study or experience
· At least 3 years of work experience in the Data Engineering and Big Data field
· Experience performing analysis with large datasets in a cloud-based environment, preferably with an understanding of Google’s Cloud Platform
· Serve as an example of quality code and design and can push for better processes around how the team operates
· Able to identify and drive code improvements, including technical debt
· Take end-to-end ownership of projects that expand our data platform, including batch and stream processing, storage and warehousing, and integrating machine learning into new or existing products.
· Experience in mentoring other team members in development best practice, and methodologies.
· Ensuring we are continuously increasing developer's confidence to release code by adapting appropriate testing strategies
· Familiarity with GCP
· Familiarity with Apache Beam
· Experience implementing workflow management Airflow etc.
· Experience building technology and products in a rapidly growing engineering team
· Experience with infrastructure automation tools (Terraform).
Category Database Administration
Function Information Technology
Req ID JN -122019-113268