Seating Product Engineer – Technical Cost Reduction
Engineering Job Description & Responsibilities
- Design/develop and release seat foam, trim, & comfort for group vehicles.
- Lead the seat foam & trim component design/development to ensure quality, craftsmanship, comfort, and functional design objectives are met.
- Manage foam & trim suppliers to meet program deliverables and resolve open issues.
- Lead foam designer(s) for internal designed programs.
- Develop upfront trim patterns using Vistagy.
- Ensure comfort is designed into the seat, manage open issues, & conduct assessments to meet comfort objectives.
- Develop, Support and author Design Practices, Lessons Learned, DFMEA's, & DVP&R's for foam, trim, & comfort.
- Review Product Design Office styled class A-surfaces for manufacturability & feasibility.
- Lead DFSS projects to optimize foam, trim, comfort and craftsmanship.
- Plan, validate and implement cost reduction projects and activities to meet annual vehicle material cost reduction business case targets for seating programs,
- Partner with design release areas, vehicle team, labs, purchasing & suppliers. to generate ideas, study feasibility, and execute design changes for cost reduction without compromising of quality and customers experience.
Required Engineering Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of experience in design/development & releasing of the seat foam, trim, & comfort for group vehicles.
- 5+ years of experience supporting automotive programs cradle to grave
- Demonstrated knowledge of design for assembly of seating foam and trim components and build process
- Strong technical knowledge of seat foam design and tooling and/or trim pattern development
- Demonstrated CAD knowledge (NX), DVP&R's, DFMEA's, PFMEA's
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, MS Office (including PowerPoint), presentation & communication skills