Responsibilities The primary role of the Sales Engineer is to work directly with customers and the engineering department. This position will be responsible for selling to an existing customer base, ensuring a high renewal and customer satisfaction levels, sales quotations and entering new jobs in the system. The Sales Engineer will also be responsible for project management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of conveyor systems, and to provide sales support.
- Sell conveyor systems requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as material handling equipment, numerical-control machinery, and computer systems.
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations that explain company products and services to customers and prospective customers.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Create sales or service contracts for conveyor systems and services.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
Qualifications - A B.S. degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (and AutoCAD a plus)....