Rapid Concept Development Engineer
· The Rapid Concept Development Engineer will create concept models of advanced structures and prepare Finite Element (FE) mesh for CAE assessment under the direction of design Leads.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Apply optimization parameters (e.g. shape, gauge, material, and topology) to the RCD model.
· Prepare the model for optimization, and run the optimization study on HPC (High Performance Computing) system.
· Prepare reports and summaries of structural performance.
· Work with engineers to design countermeasures and improvements to the analyzed concept.
· Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Aerospace) from an ABET accredited University
· MUST HAVE 3-4 years experience in CAD design or CAE analysis of vehicle systems
· MUST HAVE 1-2 years experience with SFE CONCEPT software, model building and FE mesh morphing tools. The Rapid Concept Development (RCD) Engineer will use SFE CONCEPT software to generate Rapid Concept Development models, and will run the CAE analysis of the model in different FE analysis codes including LS-Dyna, Nastran and Optistruct/Radioss.
· Knowledge of automotive materials and materials science, including steel, aluminum, composites
· Able to manage multiple assignments and tasks simultaneously
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Domestic travel 10% to local suppliers and assembly sites.
· Familiarity with automotive Body structures, design processes, Body in White (BIW) assembly processes and materials used in BIW design
· Knowledge of topology and topography optimization
Req ID JN -112019-113110