Prototype Build Engineer – Lead- BIW (Body-In-White manual welding equipment)
- The Prototype Build Engineer for this position will be responsible for managing all prototype build activities including developing and communicating build plans based on vehicle specifications, test plans, and program timing.
- Leading multiple teams to assure all program deliverables are met and resolving any issues affecting build quality, engineering design, manufacturing process, and timing.
- Weld Process Specialist (Prototype) is responsible for leading the Weld Process in the concept, design, development, and launch of Prototype Body-In-White manual welding equipment.
- The position will interface with Structure Design, Product Engineering, Prototype Engineering and Plant Management to develop common optimized welding solutions to vehicle build challenges.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate techniques to the team to increase and sustain quality and throughput. These techniques may include:
• Machine set-up
• Optimized welding parameters
• Implementation of new technology
• Equipment layout
• Equipment design
- The candidate will work with the Prototype BIW operations team to coordinate the implementation of "Best Practice" replications and other process improvements.
- Through data acquisition and analysis, the team will develop strategies and measurables to improve quality and throughput.
- These strategies will fall within the boundaries of corporate guidelines and be customized to each plant as needed based on resource levels and skill evaluations.
- The candidate will understand the BIW specifications completely, as well as, suggest and implement changes to BIW specifications as needed.
- There will be moderate local travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 6+ years experience
- Basic Vehicle build process knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of...