Production Supervisor – Intermediate
The Production Supervisor - Intermediate is responsible for managing small work teams in a fast paced, high volume, unionized manufacturing environment. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure the production plan is met, analyzes issues with other roles, drives and implements continuous improvement activities and sustainability of solutions inside the Zone.
- Ensure a safe workplace, leads the Team to improve Safety in the area and enforces the use of mandated Safety tools and procedures.
- Understand losses during the Shift, use the C-Matrix to coordinate World Class Manufacturing activities and improve Zone performances.
- Proactively analyzes quality KPIs related to the Zone, prioritizes quality issues and properly guides Team Leaders.
- Ensure the right allocation of the people on the line, manages absenteeism, trains and builds teams.
- Possess knowledge of the broader manufacturing organization and have the ability to mobilize support groups and resources to lead and assist in problem solving activities.
- Actively participate and lead Kaizen project activities centered on Safety, Cost, Quality and Throughput improvements and waste reduction opportunities identified through cost deployment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the Plant from hourly represented employees to Senior Leadership as required.
- Ability to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Goal oriented self-starter with ability to lead teams.
- Ability to coach/mentor/develop...