Product Engineer – Senior
- Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family.
- Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel.
- Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
- The NAFTA standardization Engineer will be responsible for a set of standard components within a specific area. The individual will focus on creation of a Global plan for development and implementation of best-in-class families for these standard components. This will involve working with the Benchmarking Team, Innovation Team, Global Architecture Lead Engineers (ALEs) and Engineering counterparts to identify the need for future standardization part families on an advanced basis and work with Finance to aid in construction of Business Lifecycle Plans. Engineer will specify the benchmarking of competitive solutions for the design/process of STD (standard) components, and use the results to drive internal strategies, optimize component requirements versus vehicle requirements for maximum overall efficiency and ensure Engineering requirements are considered in the component industrialization optimization for new families. Additionally STD engineer will work with purchasing to jointly develop technical and commercial strategies for new families of STD components and implement plans that will achieve standardization KPIs for cost and quality.
- Note: Global team.
- Develops plans and strategies to minimize cost through standardization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering 5+ years experience in product design/development
- Must have strong people skills, presentation skills, would prefer some exposure to project management.
- Sharepoint, Access, BSME/BSEE. Can accept 1 year of experience and train.
- Will need the above listed requirements to be considered.