Product Engineer -Seating Technical Cost Reduction
- Plan, validate and implement cost reduction activities and projects to meet technical cost reduction targets for interior hard & Soft Trim Programs
- Partner with Interior engineering and other cross-functional teams to generate ideas, study feasibility and execute changes to reduce material costs with no degradation in quality or customer experience.
- Coordinate projects including oversight of all aspects of the project.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize project progress
- Prepare reports for upper management on project status,
- Lead and direct the work of matrix teams
Required Engineering Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in automotive product development engineering supporting one or more of the following programs:
Hard Trim (upper and lower pillars, quarter trim panels, scuff plates, lift gate trim)
Soft Trim (carpets, headliner, trunk trim)
- 2+ years of experience program or project engineering in a Tier 1 or OEM environment
- Demonstrated MS office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong Communication, organization, interpersonal , and presentation skills
Engineering Education Required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Preferred Engineering Experience & Skills
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams:
(Product Engineering, Purchasing, Finance, Manufacturing, and Design Office)
Preferred Engineering Education
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Management or Business
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate...