Product Engineer – Engine Systems
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering is required. Must be from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent).
- Open to entry-level candidates with a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience from SAE (Formula, Baja, etc.) is also very helpful.
- Candidates should have some level of practical experience. 1 -- 5 years of design/development automotive engineering experience in any of the following: Fuel Systems, Cooling Systems, Air Induction Systems or Exhaust Systems.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication & organizational skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Extensive automotive experience is preferred.
- Product engineering experience preferred. Prototype experience is preferred.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred.
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred. Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) preferred Belt certification preferred.
- Solid understanding of system/component design preferred.
- General understanding of NX, TeamCenter and CoDeP preferred.
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- A valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- This position will be responsible for the design, development, timing and production release of a system and/or component.
- Responsible for the following system and/or components: fuel systems, cooling systems, air induction systems and exhaust systems.
- Other responsibilities will include the responsibility for quality improvements, cost reduction, weight reduction and other efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -112018-28585