Product Engineer – Engine Systems
- This position will be responsible for the design, development, timing and production release of a system and/or component.
- Responsible for the following system and/or components: fuel systems, cooling systems, air induction systems, exhaust systems con-rod & piston.
- Other responsibilities will include the responsibility for quality improvements, cost reduction, weight reduction and other efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
- B.S. in mechanical engineering or engineering mechanics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with engine design/development
- General understanding of NX, TeamCenter and CoDeP
- Must have good understanding of internal combustion engine and the systems/components
- Must be conscious of communicating technical path, risks and impact to other system/components to management, COE, and fellow release engineers.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills as well as experience with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- Highly motivated, self-directed, have the ability to manage multiple complex projects, and have a positive attitude.
- Background with our client's internal processes (CCD, CN, releasing, EBOM, ECIMS, Source Packages, FASTCAR, IAA, PER, PTPE) and familiarity with available support labs/CAE tools preferred.
- MS preferred.
- Engine analysis/CAE, development and/or testing experience a plus
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred.
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) preferred
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record....