Product Engineer Chassis
- This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing, and production release of Chassis components and/or systems.
- Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
- Engineering role will also require individual to manage program development and report status, issues and recovery plans.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is required (written, verbal and presentation skills).
- This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing, and production release of Chassis components- specifically, electric steering systems (EPS) / steering systems and components.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent).
- Chassis Department: Steering Systems
- Minimum experience requirements:
- Prior experience in engineering development and production release in steering systems OR 2+ years engineering development experience in suspension systems or overall Chassis (components or systems).
- Experience levels required here should be outside of internships and co-ops.
- Demonstrated passion to work in automotive industry.
- Experience with component and system design, development and validation including system level bench testing and vehicle level testing for steering systems.
- Validation skills and experience with setting up and testing of structural components.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is required (excellent written, verbal and presentation skills).
- Ability to perform basic design activities in NX/Teamcenter related to vehicle packaging and design of components.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Will be required to travel domestically 0-20%.
- May be required to travel internationally. 0-20%....