Product Engineer – Body
- The engineer will test body components, update engineering design rules/guidelines, and prepare executive summaries and presentations.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Body Systems, Body-in-white, closures, fasteners, and interior/exterior applications, and electro-mechanical systems. The engineer will track and help in resolving issues.
- Experience using CAD systems (NX or Catia V5) with the ability to position and manipulate models, as well as cut sections, dimension, & conceptualize designs is helpful.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present ideas and concepts successfully to all levels of management.
- Excellent relationship building skills with ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to productively manage change. Excellent MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering from ABET accredited university
- Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Body Hardware, door window regulators/door modules, active grill shutters is highly preferred with in-plant launch experience.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred
- Reactive Problem solving and Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt preferred
- Knowledgeable in GD&T preferred
- Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Team Center with minimum of 3 years of experience in NX in a production release environment is preferred.
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver’s license is required...