Product Engineer – Associate
· Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family.
· Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel.
· Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
· This opening is ideal for an Engineer who is seeking to apply their engineering training to design and develop engine components in a dynamic team environment.
· Engine design and development activity is rapidly accelerating to meet the future fuel economy and environmental standards.
· We are seeking Engineers with strong technical, communication and leadership skills to help us meet these future challenges.
· For this position, candidates will be responsible for designing and developing engine and transmission adaptation components, including engine cover assembly, NVH foams, transmission fill tube assembly, heat shields, transmission vent hose assembly, adaptation support brackets and other adaptation components.
· Tasks include: Designing components or systems, validation testing, specification definition, production launch problem resolution, warranty improvement and program management.
· Candidates will be responsible for developing and updating DVPR's, DFMEA's and Function Models to ensure that components or systems meet customer expectations.
· In addition, candidates will be responsible for developing timelines to document that tasks are being completed to support production launch
· Candidates will be required to work with teammates in the following area: 3D Design Group, CAE Group, Advance Concept Engineering, Base Engine, Engine Calibrations, Suppliers, Manufacturing Personnel, and Product design office.
· BSME, BSEE, or Physics degree
· Minimum one year experience or related internships /...