Powertrain VF Systems & Validation Engineer
· The Powertrain VF Systems & Validation Engineer is responsible for the creation of Vehicle Functional documents (VF) which define high level electrification requirements to meet the Customer Functional Objectives (CFOs).
· The selected candidate will be responsible for the creation of associated documents to the VF such as Failure Modes & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Component Functional Technical Specification (CFTS), Design Validation Plan (DVP) as well as the Design Validation Plan Results (DVP&R).
· The selected candidate will also be responsible for validation of the software implementation of their vehicle functions utilizing various methods -- Hardware in the Loop (HIL), system bench and vehicles. Additionally, work with other vehicle disciplines to ensure the vehicle function as defined from both a hardware and software are compatible and meet the client’s corporate standards.
· Lastly, will be a participant in Requirement Analysis Reviews (RAR), Sub-System Team (SST) meetings, subsystem FMEAs, development testing, root cause analysis and corrective action teams.
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science Engineering from an Abet University
· +2yrs of automotive powertrain system development
· Electrification Principles of Automobiles
· Automotive communication protocols - CAN, LIN, SPI
· Vehicle electrical architecture & wiring schematics
· Documentation applications -- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio
· Communication Tools -- Vector CANalyzer or CANoe, ETAS INCA
· Additional Requirements: Outstanding verbal and written communication. Leadership qualities to lead cross functional team development meetings. Proficiency in analytical reasoning and troubleshooting of complicated issues.
· Multi-tasked, organized and self-directed....