Powertrain System Cost Engineer -Tooling
· The Powertrain System Cost Engineer for Tooling is responsible for the cost analysis of production and assembly tooling required in the manufacture of Powertrain components.
· Early in the design process the Tool Cost Engineer will establish virtual manufacturing process layouts, industrial engineering constraints and activity based cost drivers from a limited set of known data.
· As the design progresses, ground up development of tooling targets will be required based on production process requirements.
· Additional duties include support of fellow System Cost Engineers, Purchasing and Engineering in supplier tooling reviews or analysis during new business placement and collaboration of design changes. Complete tool asset verification for corporate tax depreciation.
· Capable of utilizing Team Center (CAD) to access product data, obtain the latest part design information and assess the design to aid in the development of the component bill of materials, processing of each component and defining the required manufacturing tools needed to produce the component.
· A combination of 8 or more years in machining, tool build and design.
· Strong background in understanding Powertrain related production tooling, design, manufacture and application.
· Bachelor's degree
· Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability
· Familiar with practical application of geometric dimension & tolerancing (GD&T)
· Catia V5, NX, team center - general knowledge proficient
· Excellent communication skills
· Activity based costing experience
· MS Office proficient
Req ID JN -122019-113289