Powertrain Engine Calibration Engineer – Intermediate
· The Engine Calibration Engineer for Emissions and Driveability is responsible for developing the engine calibrations to meet LEV II, LEV III emission standards at lowest system cost while delivering world-class driveability.
· The Engineer will work with the base engine hardware releasing groups, scientific labs, and vehicle teams.
· Develop and implement best practice design and calibration solutions. Perform verification testing in accordance with powertrain system functional objectives.
· 3-5 years of experience
· Bachelors of Science in Engineering from an accredited university
· Must be knowledgeable of the calibration process for ICE, ePT, and Tran including INCA.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in vehicle calibration or vehicle controls.
· Able to use standard instrumentation toolsets for data acquisition, storage, and analysis
· Strong knowledge of the vehicle controls architecture and communication algorithms, including CAN, LAN, etc.
· Strong communication skills both orally and in writing. Strong presentation skills for management reviews.
· Technical knowledge of overall engine/transmission calibration processes MATLAB / SIMULINK
· Advanced Data Acquisition and Analysis Skills
· ETAS INCA Tool Experience
· Good Teamwork Skills and Ability to Work Independently
· Understanding of Engine System Fundamentals
· Hardware In the Loop (HIL) Development/Verification Experience
· Must be able to work with the Project Management Team and the Applications Engineering Teams to understand and document mule vehicle requirements. Including:
· Work with vehicle team, model integration managers, and vehicle coordinator to understand and document when mules are scheduled to be...