Powertrain Dynamometer Engineer
- Conducting dynamometer powertrain testing in dyno cells.
- Engines and transmissions will be tested according to company standard test schedules.
- Collecting data during testing to assure test is being conducted properly and the test is progressing according to plans.
- Working with platform engineering to execute test plans, supporting timing, quantities and test types for successful launch.
- Must be able to root cause and determine issues and path forward during durability testing.
- Analyze data and hardware to understand issues and failures during testing.
- Provide management and peers with regular updates on testing.
Travel and Driving Notes:
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically up to 20%
- BSME or BSEE degree - NO MASTER DEGREES!
- MUST HAVE ACTUAL WORK (internships or co-ops)
EXPERIENCE WITH THE BELOW REQUIREMENTS:
- 6 months -3 years' experience conducting dynamometer testing on engines and transmissions (internships, projects, work). ONLY LOOKING FOR 0-3 YEARS EXP.
- Data acquisition systems collecting digital and analog data (internships, projects, work)
- Experience with any of the Industry Standard Instrumentation: INCA, CAS, Flowmeters (magnetic and coriolis), AVL and Schenke dynamometers, Particle counter, Mirco soot meter, Smoke meter, Pressure and temperature data acquisition, Kistler / Kulite transducers, Emission analyzers (HC, NOx, CO, EGR), DMS500, Cambustion, CAN
- Powertrain calibration and software understanding.
- Proficient with ETAS INCA calibration toolset.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities.
- 2 years' experience conducting dynamometer testing on engines and transmissions (work).