Powertrain Durability Engineer
- Conducting dynamometer power-train testing in dyno cells.
- Engines and transmissions will be tested according to company standard test schedules. Responsibilities include:
- Collecting data during testing to assure test is being conducted properly and the test is progressing according to plans.
- Working with platform engineering to execute test plans, supporting timing, quantities and test types for successful launch.
- Must be able to root cause and determine issues and path forward during durability testing.
- Analyze data and hardware to understand issues and failures during testing. Provide management and peers with regular updates on testing.
- The Lab Support Engineer for the Transmission Development Lab will work in a diverse lab environment with support activities ranging from supporting mechanics who build up development transmissions, to developing test procedures for transmission testing on dynamometers.
- The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting the e-motor and efficiency dyno area, which includes dynamometer test cells as well as other ancillary test equipment.
- Daily duties will include test schedule development, test cell troubleshooting, and ensuring the test cells and equipment are functional and meeting our customer’s requirements.
- The selected candidate will work closely with other lab support engineers in a team environment within the Transmission Development Lab.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage overall e-motor and efficiency dyno testing activities, and conduct strategic planning for future testing needs.
- Support root cause analysis of dynamometers and test stands to ensure timely implementation of corrective actions to maximize test cell and test stand efficiency.