Powertrain Design & Release Engineer
- Design and Release Engineer - As part of engine adaptation the Manifold and Engine mounted charge air cooler group is responsible for designing, developing and releasing Intake manifolds, Engine mounted charge air coolers, and purge valves.
- The Engineer will work closely with designers, CAE groups, engine calibration, suppliers and manufacturing to design components and systems to ensure designs are robust for function and manufacturing.
- Scope of responsibility includes product design from concept to launch, components/system packaging, releasing 2D drawing and 3D models, performance specifications and production product issue resolutions.
- Creating & maintaining the DVP and DFMEA’s as well as conducting COE reviews for the design.
- The engineer will be involved with current production components in addition to future development programs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum three years of engineering experience
- Basic understanding of Internal Combustion Engine Operation
- Engineer must have excellent communication and presentation skills as well as experience with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Knowledge of Releasing process, DFMEA’s, DVP’s and root cause analysis methodologies.
* *Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA or Master of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Additional experience in one or more of the following: intake manifolds, engine fuel systems, exhaust gas recirculation systems, engine throttle and/or emission systems experience with plastic components, metal stampings and castings, and or OEM Experience...