Powertrain Design Release Engineer
- Develop technical requirements for components and subsystems of conventional automatic and hybrid transmissions
- Evaluate designs to the "engineering best practice" documents
- Develop DFMEAs and access designs for failure modes robustness
- Develop DVP&R plans to validate design changes
- Develop Tools, Test Procedures and Acceptance Criteria for transmission components
- Collaborate appropriate Design Detailing and CAE activities for design updates and or new designs
- Support manufacturing on production related issues
- Generate and implement cost reduction ideas
- Participate in warranty/cost reduction meetings and develop solutions for warranty issues
- Conduct root cause analysis of transmission failures and identify the root cause/s
- Collaborate with transmission systems group to address and support any failures using the appropriate tools and processes
- Provide guidance and direction to suppliers through resourcing, process or sourcing changes, and development using the appropriate change management system
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Chemical or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent work ethic, organization skills, and communication skills
- Master's degree in an engineering related field
- Working knowledge of NX/Teamcenter
- Automotive industry experience
- Design for Six Sigma certification
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally 20%
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as...