Powertrain Controls Engineer – Senior – PSP – EMB46
The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Senior is responsible for new feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms. The Powertrain Controls Engineer Senior will work closely with a cross functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model development process to ensure quality and robustness of the production algorithms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements.
- Develop implementation strategies.
- Assess and document the impacts against regulatory requirement.
- Markup models to ensure the design meets functional/operational requirements.
- Validate the design during the production process.
- Ensure project is on track by developing plans, track progress, and present technical report to management and project chiefs.
- Participate in the decision making process on controls strategy design to achieve functional objectives
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required from an accredited University.
- 5-8 years of engineering work experience preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in Visual Basic, VB.net, Python (a plus but not necessary).
- Should be knowledgeable in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Should be knowledgeable in Powertrain systems - specifically, computer based tools and process based development, emissions control systems development, and calibration refinement.
- Embedded software experience desirable. Electronic module/system experience desirable.
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Quick study who is passionate about his/her work and willing to go above and beyond.
- Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other people.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -042021-115689