Powertrain Controls Engineer – Intermediate
The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Intermediate is responsible for new feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms. The Powertrain Controls Engineer - Intermediate will work closely with a cross functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model development process to ensure quality and robustness of the production algorithms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements.
- Develop implementation strategies.
- Assess and document the impacts against regulatory requirement.
- Markup models to ensure the design meets functional/operational requirements.
- Validate the design during the production process.
- Ensure project is on track by developing plans, track progress, and present technical report to management and project chiefs.
- Participate in the decision making process on controls strategy design to achieve functional objectives
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required from an accredited University 3-5 years of engineering work experience preferred.
- 1 or more years experience in creation and validation of On-Board Diagnostics algorithms.
- 1 or more years ETAS INCA Tool Experience for collecting OBD2 data.
- Good understanding of application of OBD2 regulation to the creation and validation of diagnostics for new gasoline or diesel engines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Proficient in Matlab/Simulink.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good experience working in multi-disciplinary teams Good project coordination skills Good understanding of the development of embedded software .
- Good understanding of gasoline engine combustion and principles of after-treatment .
- Automotive experience either at...