- Lead day-to-day execution with drivers, dispatcher, and call takers to execute the non-emergency medical transport business in the SE Michigan area
- Communicate with dispatcher, driver, and customers to ensure on-time transportation of customers.
- Primary interface/point of contact for Drivers within your defined region
- Work with external and internal partners for local fleet, facilities, and equipment management and maintenance.
- Assist with the development and implementation of driver policies and procedures.
- Work with drivers on continuous improvement to drive improved customer experience, driver experience, and metrics.
- Train drivers in all aspects of job function.
- Become a regional master trainer / certified trainer for key training activity.
- Set driver’s hours to support the following day’s runs/schedule.
- Communicate drivers scheduled hours for the following day on a daily and timely basis.
- Ensure appropriate driver staffing levels. Hire as required.
- Monitor and react in real time to the status of the schedule and ongoing performance to metrics.
- Ensure the daily manifest and activities are properly updated, recorded, and provided to the team.
- Fill in for drivers occasionally.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred (Proven experience)
- NEMT related experience (supervisor, driver, or dispatching), delivery service experience, MP&L/routing/expediting or manufacturing processes experience required.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- MS Excel proficiency.
- Ability to work with custom software systems provided for dispatching & routing.
- Fast learner, mindset for efficiency, accuracy and trustworthiness.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Professional and courteous communication, team leader.
- Enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment to find real time solutions.