Vehicle Quality Engineer
In this long-term, contract, role you will:
- Create and implement Quality Vehicle Control Plan (VCP) at NAFTA Assembly Plants to help manufacture highest quality vehicles.
- Actively participate in Work Place Integration (WPI) process at the launch phase to create highly effective Vehicle Control Plans by using World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools such as PFMEA’s, Occurrence & Release, Quality Assurance Network and Quality Assurance Matrix, etc.
- Manage Vehicle Control Plan (VCP) - Global List of Quality characteristics by directly communicating to all NAFTA plants as well as with offices in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- Work with engineering teams to analyze historical recall issues and create required control plans to prevent these issues from occurring in future programs.
- Create& implement cost effective - Error / Mistake proofing solutions to improve manufacturing quality of vehicles.
- Establish new ways of quality inspection by using SPC or other statistical tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as manufacturing, suppliers, manufacturing engineering across all NAFTA Assembly plants.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering
- Experience and working knowledge of computer systems and software with strong knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and must be comfortable with working with people at all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience in automotive manufacturing.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Will be required to travel 21-40% both Domestic & International. This position will be centrally located in Auburn Hills. and will support all Assembly plants in US, Canada and Mexico.
- May be required to drive a company...