Microsoft .NET Application Developer
Provides and/or facilitates the planning, analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of software applications.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Participate in the backlog identification and refinement for new and/or existing systems.
- Work with other Application Development team members to estimate, plan and schedule tasks to meet assigned target dates.
- Document new and existing systems, develop workflows, and create other supporting documents in adherence to all departmental and corporate standards.
- Obtain approvals and consult with production control as needed to prepare programs/systems for implementation; correspond with clients to implement operations programs/enhancements and identify/resolve problems.
- Review completed code, documentation and other deliverables to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements based on defined expectations.
- Learn, use and enhance the delivery of systems, using Agile Software Engineering and DevOps practices.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years application development experience.
- Insurance or financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated successful experience and knowledge in the Microsoft .NET platform including one or more of the following .NET, .NET Core, MVC, Web Forms, C#
- Demonstrated successful experience and knowledge in one or more source control systems such as: Azure DevOps, Git, TFS.
- Demonstrated successful experience and knowledge of one or more database management systems, such as: Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle.
- Demonstrated successful experience and knowledge of web services frameworks (development or consumption), such as: REST or SOAP.
- Demonstrated successful experience and knowledge of unit and functional testing frameworks, such as: MSTest, XUnit, NUnit,...