- Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family. Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel.
- Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
- Successful candidate will be part of a team field developing engine fuel systems in future and existing gasoline engines.
- The Engineer will be responsible for the design, development and release of fuel systems components including fuel injectors and fuel rail assemblies for new engine programs.
- He/she will also be responsible for all facets of assigned components including sourcing packages, design, validation, release, supplier sign-off, cost/weight/investment targets and warranty.
- Develop and carry out DVP&R's to ensure functional objectives and durability goals are met.
- The Product Engineer will work closely with designers, CAE groups, suppliers and manufacturing to design actuator components and systems to ensure designs are robust for function and manufacturing.
- Candidate will also work directly with engine calibration team to develop actuator requirements and to insure requirements are met. Cradle to grave component responsibility will be expected including engineering evaluation of warranty returns.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited program.
- Must have a good understanding of engine hardware and system functions.
- Background and demonstrated capability in heat transfer and fluid flow analysis.
- Ability to create and apply component and system DFMEAs and DVP&Rs.
- Ability to read and understand component drawings and GD&T.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have...