- The Final Assembly Manufacturing Engineering Program Implementation Team is a cross-functional team having the primary responsibility to implement and manage the plans required to launch vehicle programs at assembly plants.
- The Manufacturing Engineer candidate will be a part of this team and be responsible for the following:
- Provide manufacturing engineering leadership throughout a new model development program beginning at through + 45 days.
- Implementation of new/modified tooling and facilities based on product and process changes.
- Lead manufacturing assembly builds (VP, TT, PP, MP1 and MP2) in Canada, Mexico & US assembly plants.
- Identify and drive resolution of manufacturing related issues.
- Interface with cross-functional (PD, STA, MP&L, NMP, etc) activities.
- Write/modify/maintain process sheets as required post.
- Lead assembly tooling installation, start-up, and commissioning at the assembly site.
- In addition, support tooling buy-off @ vendor facility.
- Prepare and lead management presentations from post- through.
- Lead issue resolution and reporting for Water, End of Line (EOL), and Interior Ornamentation Tool (IOT).
- Drive quality, cost, and labor improvements.
- Automotive Manufacturing Engineering experience required.
- Not open to entry level candidates.
- Experience w/tooling, processes and facilities required.
- CAD experience required.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Strong verbal & written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate in stressful situations within timing constraints.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Working knowledge of statistics (control charts, data collecting, etc.).
- Knowledge in one or more of the following software systems:
- Experience in one or more...