- Responsible for ensuring new vehicle product designs are manufacturable as well as in compliance to manufacturing requirements and General Assembly strategies.
- Provides a consistent voice of Manufacturing to Product Engineering for a given global architecture/style.
- Understand product design and communicate manufacturing requirements to product engineering.
- Communicate product information and requirements to Arch Leads and Program Execution.
- Enforce compliance to General Assembly Strategies.
- Execute & Verify Manufacturing Requirements.
- Follow the Advanced Program Health Check (APHC) process for issue tracking and escalation.
- Resolve issues with Product Engineering and Global Manufacturing Engineering.
- Escalate deviations at Leadership Calls.
- Conduct virtual studies/assessments throughout Vehicle Development Process.
- Initiate / Conduct program Level 2 PFMEA workshops.
- Participate in product peer reviews (ePeer Process).
- Document process & tooling requirements for regional execution and ensure compliance by all executing assembly plants.
- Drive product designs with the lowest Base Engineered Content (BEC) and participate in BEC reduction workshops.
- Communicate Lessons Learned to Global Technical Integration Engineers (TIEs).
- Develop & communicate program compartment level 2 build sequence.
- Identify and communicate potential ergo issues to program ergonomist.
- Attend IVER builds (mandatory) and Assembly Plant builds (as required).
- Act as IRT co-chair during IVER builds at PPO.
- Act as the Global IRT co-chair and drive common solutions across the regions.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to make complex concepts/issues easily understood by non-proficient English speaking peers.
- Strong VIS Mockup skills.
- ME Experience (Program Execution or Assembly Plant).
- Knowledge of MEGA process and GM Systems, including MPS, VAA, MRDB, E2,...