Lead Expeditor (Expediting and Logistics Lead)
- Provide direct supervisory leadership for a global team of Expeditors and Logistics Coordinator personnel.
- Lead the Expeditor and Logistics Coordinator hiring process, workload evaluation, performance management/evaluation, knowledge transfer, and training.
- Oversee Expeditor and Logistic Coordinator performance and support when escalation is required.
- Drive team celebrations and recognition when milestones are met.
- Owns the global Expediting and Logistics work processes including all training manuals, procedures, Intranet sites, etc.
- Provide expertise and industry experience to day to day problem solving and resolving issues. For Logistics technical issues, engage 3 rd party expertise to help resolve.
- Serves as focal point for internal/external audits for the Expediting and Logistics group by ensuring compliance with the Expediting and Logistics work processes.
- Accountable for overall Expediting and Logistics compliance to the Purchase Order deliverables.
- Manage interfaces with other Natural Work Groups (SDC, Inspection, Engineering, PtP) to remove and/or rework, inefficiencies as to ensure seamless cooperation.
- Establish metrics to measure Expediting and Logistics performance and identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Monitor Inspection and Shop Expediting activities to manage efficiency and effectiveness of those activities.
- Generate Expediting and Logistic activity reports to stakeholders.
- Support Construction Management activities including visiting sites and coordinating of offload shipments.
- Act as the primary interface between third party logistics providers (Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers) and the Project Team for the Gulfstream Program.
- Accountable for the development of detailed logistics strategies and execution of those strategies. Also accountable for the successful performance of all logistics activities associated with the acquisition of equipment,...