Joining Quality Engineer – Intermediate
The Joining Quality Engineer – Intermediate will work on vehicle launches with the Joining Engineering team preparing weld inspection graphics and routines. In addition, the Joining Quality Engineer – Intermediate will ensure the continuous updates to training documents throughout the launch process. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Certifying plant personnel in the use of Resistance Spot Weld Analyzer (RSWA) equipment and corporate ultrasonic weld inspection requirements.
- Demonstrating, and training, inspection topics to the team, to increase and sustain quality and throughput. The topics will include corporate ultrasonic weld inspection requirements, plant weld inspection procedures and timing, and weld inspection equipment operation.
- Utilizing Tessonics Designer to develop databases, and create weld inspection routes for each NAFTA facility.
- Use of the Tessonics Reporter software for weld inspection data analysis and interpretation.
- Utilize Teamcenter to obtain weld inspection route graphics and crucial weld parameters, which will be imported into the Tessonics Designer software.
- Support weld inspection operations at the plant by assisting with troubleshooting of ultrasonic weld equipment and Tessonics software.
- Interface with Structure Design, Product Engineering, Process Engineering, Plant Management and Union Personnel for certification and quality inspection route development.
- Work with the BIW operations team to coordinate the implementation of “Best Practice” replications and other process improvements through the World Class Manufacturing (WCM) process. Through data acquisition and analysis, the team will develop strategies and measurables to improve quality and throughput. These strategies will fall within the boundaries of corporate guidelines and be customized to each plant as needed based...