- Working with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), performs research to design and develop customized training programs.
- Capable of designing for web based or instructor led training / CBT.
- Can conduct train-the-trainer sessions.
- May direct the work of others.
- Other related skills may be required to perform this job.
- The Instructional Designer/developer is responsible for designing and developing effective training interventions (as appropriate for the performance request) based on adult learning theories; using appropriate delivery methods and evaluation tools for training evaluation.
- Instruction will include basic theories, fundamentals and usage of our client's medical and technical information and processes.
- Conduct front-end analysis and determine training needs for each request.
- Prepare instructional materials, methods and specify the training equipment needed for each training intervention.
- Design, develop and deliver criterion-based evaluation tools upon completion of each training intervention. Support training implementation through Train-the-Trainer / course pilot / usability.
- Design evaluation tools for training evaluation and revisions.
- Managing and reporting of assigned training projects and interventions, including timelines, progress to completion, identification of barriers and solutions (contingency).
- Effectively communicating with component and operations staff / management during the ID process in order to complete training interventions.
- Understanding the content for which the training is being developed to minimize time required from SMEs and to ensure performance issues are being addressed.
- Assist in the coordination of new implementations that other areas may need assistance Education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Bachelor degree in Instructional Design, Education or Organizational Development.
- 5+ years’ experience in...