HVAC System Engineer
- HVAC System Engineer responsible for development and validation of automotive HVAC system.
- Ensure system meets performance objectives and coordinate development with other functional areas such as Powertrain, Aero/Thermal, and Engine Cooling. Engineer will maintain a system DVP&R, support and keep up to date with simulation, drive-cell and static cell test results.
- Perform data analysis and establish proper corrective actions as required.
- Engineer will lead/support development and validation vehicle road trips.
- Experience in HVAC units, ducts, a/c compressor, a/c plumbing or HVAC controls is a plus.
- Engineer will interface with packaging, service, manufacturing, and other engineering groups in the course of developing components.
- Work with program management team to ensure HVAC systems meet all functional and FMVSS requirements, and achieve high quality vehicle sign-off.
- 1-3 years in HVAC design/development.
- Experience on hybrid and/or electric vehicles desired.
- Other related design experience (Engine cooling systems, Aero-Thermal)
- Experience with 1D simulation tools and CFD analysis.
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R).
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Automotive assembly plant experience.
- Self-starter and motivated to produce results.
- Good communication skills -DFSS and/or Red-X knowledge is a plus.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint. Bachelor of Science (Engineering) from an ABET accredited university
- 0-20% travel - domestic
Req ID JN -122018-110265