High Performance Computing (HPC) Engineer
The High Performance Computing (HPC) group maintains the supercomputing environment for a global customer base.
The environment primarily processes computer aided engineering simulations for the product development organization using batch-based workload management software running on multiple, large scale Linux clusters.
The environment also Hadoop analytics capacity.
The HPC group manages compute servers, parallel storage, high speed networking, workload management middleware, and applications that comprise the environment.
The potential candidate will support the engineering and operations of all aspects of the HPC environment.
The position will require infrequent after hours support on a rotation of approx 1 week per month.5-Jun-2018
- Must be a self-starter with a strong desire to learn new technologies coupled with a record of aggressively adapting them
- Very Strong foundation in Linux or UNIX
- Very good understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Solid ability to write Bash/Python/Perl scripts
- 7+ years of experience in system administration
- Experience with high end server deployments that include storage subsystems and networking.
- Experience with Hadoop
- Ability to write procedures, communicate clearly via written and verbal.
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity....