MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Off-shift support of hypoid gear manufacturing. Equipment includes milling, heat treat, annealing, hard turning, grinding, shot peen, lapping, gear roll testing, phosphate, laser weld and GMS/Zeiss measurements.
- These individuals will be working on new program launches.
- The gears are the "make product" that this team makes in house and these are the products that needs to be provided to assembly.
- Covering production, verifying equipment reediness, pat machining quality, verifying and working with the operations team if there is any part machining issues related to the machine tools. Verifying they have good machining parts are all machined to the right quality specifications
- 80% of their day will be on the manufacturing plant floor coordinating production
- 20% of the day would be working on paperwork, studies, and attending meetings
- Candidates must have 4-6 years of machining experience in an automotive environment
- Candidates must have at a minimum a High School Diploma
- Gear machining experience specifically is highly preferred
- Machining experience is considered milling, heat treat, annealing, hard turning, grinding, shot peen, lapping, gear roll testing, phosphate, laser weld and GMS/Zeiss measurements.
- Manufacturing automotive components experience
- Candidates must be shift flexible.
- Proposes and evaluates manufacturing process and equipment for assigned areas of plant
- Directs the development and/or improvements of manufacturing processes and equipment Evaluates expenditures for processes and/or equipment
- Provides technical assistance and training for assigned plant operations
- Regular contact with others outside the work group
- Works closely with production and maintenance personnel...