Ergonomics Engineer General
- Co-lead issue resolution of driver distraction related topics working with cross-functional teams (referencing guidelines/regulations from NHTSA, FMVSS, AAM, ECE, etc).
- Design and conduct user research and studies to assess various HMI proposals.
- Assess flows and screens for Driver Distraction using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as required.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure issues are closed in a timely fashion.
- Sign-off components and programs driver distraction requirements.
- Author/update driver distraction related ergonomic requirements (Trustmark, SDS, etc.) working with HMI, Electrical Engineering, Design Studio, Design and Release activities, and Vehicle Engineering activities. Participate in research and synthesize findings into actionable insights and new sign-off procedures.
- Conduct and summarize detailed benchmarking to assist with updates to the ergonomic standards and principles.
- Passion for engineering and product excellence.
- Good communication, meeting and presentation skills, and comfort with a dynamic work environment
- MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint Minitab or equivalent Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- 0-5 yrs minimum.
- 3-5 preferred with Driver Distraction related work
- Knowledge of CATIA, Teamcenter, RAMSIS, Jack, FMEA, Six Sigma, Design thinking, and/or UX program experience and knowledge of GPDS, eFDVS, Feasibility, Checkpoint (FC) Process
- Bachelor of Science Degree specializing in Human Factors/ Ergonomics is required (Would also consider Industrial Engineering with concentration in Ergonomics and Human Factors.)
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the...