The Engineering Manager will manage the day-to-day and strategic technical activities within the engineering group and guide the delivery of projects throughout their life cycle
This has been designated as a safety-sensitive job because it involves performing one or more tasks/duties that could reasonably affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task(s) or others.
Key Performance Competencies
· Problem Solving
· Planning and Organizing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise and manage employees, coordinating with Software Engineers, Project Managers, Product Managers and Senior Leadership to manage resources
· Provide feedback and coaching to staff through regular communication and performance appraisals
· Design, modify and review work products; ensure projects meet customer requirements and specifications
· Plan and manage product and project schedules in assigned areas of responsibility
· Manage all stages of the development cycle: requirements analysis, design and implementation, system testing and maintenance
· Deliver projects on-time
· Works with Sr. Management to accomplish business goals and works with Sr. Management and the engineering staff to set development standards and technical process.
· Responsible for their staff and their success and the success of the group as a whole.
· Experience building and managing scalable, modular, multi-tier client/server systems
· Experience working in an agile software environment
· Expertise in the full software/project life cycle, including specifications, requirements analysis, design/architecture, implementation, testing, and maintenance
· Experience with development and deployment in Windows and/or Linux environments