EE Component Design and Release Engineer
- The EE Component Design and Release Engineer is responsible for EE component design, development, packaging, testing, calibration, and releasing.
- The Engineer will interface with systems group to define vehicle level functional specifications. The candidate will also: Develop component level specifications; participate in Product Assurance Planning (Program Management); manage the supplier of the components; and component DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DVRR (Design Validation and Reliability Report), and Timing Proactive Quality Plan.
- The candidate will participate in Reactive Quality Problem Solving and will be supporting Supplier Quality during Process Sign-off (PS) and PFMEA reviews (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
- In addition, the Engineer will be releasing components via Change Management System (CN's) and will interface with EMEA, APAC and LATAM counterparts on global commonality.
- Some travel to Mexico (supplier plant), EMEA, APAC, LATAM and client assembly plants.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university
- The candidate must have the ability to read EE schematics and block diagrams.
- The candidate must have the ability to handle pressure and resolve conflicts.
- The candidate must have knowledge of CAN and LIN communication protocols and diagnostics.
- Strong leadership skills (prepared to lead a supplier team)
- Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Experience managing suppliers and/or engineers.
- Outstanding communication and organization skills....