Connected Services Validation Engineer
- The Connected Services Validation Engineer – Intermediate will be responsible for participating in and performing, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- User Acceptance Testing- Testing the software to make sure it can handle required tasks in real-world scenarios, per specifications.
- Test Case Creation – Create test cases based off specifications. Questions specification author if requirements are not clear.
- Management -- Participating in Standard Defect Management practices: defect creation, clarification, retesting, and verification. The Validation Engineer will be responsible for creating clear, accurate, and reproducible defects from which a developer can resolve defects.
- Root Cause Analysis – Performing the first level of triage of a defect during testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering degree
- 2.5-5 years of experience in Telematics is required – Must be relevant work experience (will not consider internships or coops as part of that experience).
- 3+ years of experience with CAN
- Linux/QNX/Command Line and/or Telnet
- Test case writing
- Ticket/defect management experience
- In-vehicle Connected Vehicle Application experience (i.e. cloud/SDP)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Fast Learner, clear, concise, precise communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to discern what issues need management escalation and when.
- Comfortable when working in a loosely defined role.
- Passion for telematics and internet / Smart Phone based applications.
- Master's degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering
- Experience with CAPL
- Experience and knowledge of cutting edge technologies within the connected vehicle
- Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license as well...