Connected Services Validation Engineer
- The Connected Services Validation Engineer Intermediate will be responsible for participating in and performing, but not limited to _,_ the following tasks:
- User Acceptance Testing
- Testing the software to make sure it can handle required tasks in real-world scenarios, per specifications.
- Test Case Creation – Create test cases based off specifications. Questions specification author if requirements are not clear.
- Defect Management - Participating in Standard Defect Management practices: defect creation, clarification, retesting, and verification. The Validation Engineer will be responsible for creating clear, accurate, and reproducible defects from which a developer can resolve defects.
- Root Cause Analysis – Performing the first level of triage of a defect during testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering degree.
- 2.5 - 5 years of experience in Telematics is required – Must be relevant work experience (will not consider internships or coops as part of that experience).
- 3+ years of experience with CAN.
- Linux/QNX/Command Line and/or Telnet.
- Test case writing.
- Ticket/defect management experience.
- In-vehicle Connected Vehicle Application experience (i.e. cloud/SDP).
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fast Learner, clear, concise, precise communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to discern what issues need management escalation and when.Comfortable when working in a loosely defined role.
- Passion for telematics and internet / Smart Phone based applications.
NOT looking for candidates who have only tested Bluetooth, Audio, Car Play, Android Auto, etc.
- Master's degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering.
- Experience with CAPL.
- Experience and knowledge of cutting edge technologies within the...