Component Design and Release Engineer
· The EE Component Design and Release Engineer is responsible for EE component design, development, packaging, testing, calibration, and releasing.
· The Engineer will interface with systems group to define vehicle level functional specifications.
· The candidate will also: Develop component level specifications; participate in Product Assurance Planning (Program Management); manage the supplier of the components; and component DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DVRR (Design Validation and Reliability Report), and Timing Proactive Quality Plan.
· The candidate will participate in Reactive Quality Problem Solving and will be supporting Supplier Quality during Process Sign-off (PS) and PFMEA reviews (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
· In addition, the Engineer will be releasing components via Change Management System (CN's) and will interface with EMEA, APAC and LATAM counterparts on global commonality.
· Some travel to Mexico (supplier plant), EMEA, APAC, LATAM and other of the client’s assembly plants.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university
· 3+ years of electronic ECU development and releasing experience
· Full understanding of automotive electronic ECU development process
· Experience managing or developing embedded software
· Strong leadership skills (prepared to lead a supplier team)
· Preferred Qualifications: Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
· Experience managing suppliers and/or engineers. Proficient in Labview, Teststand, Veristand, CAPL
· Familiar with cryptographic principals.
· Familiar with ethernet and CAN/CAN-FD protocols.
· Outstanding communication and organization skills...